Guangming Eco City
With the increasingly widespread debate about global warming, people began to try their best to prevent global warming, which of course will harm us all. One of the causes of global warming is the greenhouse effect . The greenhouse effect is a process whereby solar heat trapped in Earth’s atmosphere due to greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide, and causes a warming in the earth’s temperature. Carbon dioxide is mostly produced by human activity. People already tried many ways to reduce the impact of global warming, one of the way is to make an Eco City.
Guangming Eco City is one of the Eco city in the world located in Guangming, China. This concept was proposed by an Award-winning architectural, Urban designers and UCL Academic Bartlett, CJ Lim. The purpose of the construction of this care first is to preserve and enhance natural and cultural resources, expanding the range of eco-transportation, employment and housing choice. The second is to value long-term regional sustainability over short-term focus. The third, to Prevent urban sprawl by advocating compact land use patterns and the latter is To explore the principles of slow living for eco / urban design.
The size of this Eco City is quite large, which is 7.92 km2. Previously, Guangming is a fertile farming area with a lot of exporting products to several nearby countries such as Hong Kong. Instead of eliminating existing farming area in Guang Ming, CJ Lim modifies it. Grass and fertile soil can be found in the roofs of the circular tower that built the city. Additional farm was also made by CJ Lim in the form of vertical garden. As a result, with a lot of agricultural land, the Guangming become entirely self-sufficient.
Guangming the Eco city tower consists of 12 circular rings that each tower produces their own food and have shops, schools, hospitals and their own office. Each circular tower is able to accommodate about 14.000 inhabitants.
Infrastructure located in the Guangming also environmentally friendly. The city is a city without a car. Transport that can be found in the Eco city is Biogas buggies and sky bus, fuel derived from processed feces of humans and animals. To meet the demand for electricity, the Eco city got it from solar panels located ground level.
(1) Wikipedia. “Global Warming.” Wikipedia. http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemanasan_global
(2) Wikipedia. “Greenhouse Effect.” Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect#Greenhouse_gases
(3) Hijauku. “Bangkitnya Kota-kota Hijau Dunia.” Hijauku. http://www.hijauku.com/2011/03/21/the-rise-of-earth’s-eco-cities/
(4) UCL News. “Chinese eco-city.” UCL News. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0703/07032301
(5) UCL News. “Chinese eco-city.” UCL News. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0703/07032301
(6) UCL News. “Chinese eco-city.” UCL News. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0703/07032301
(7) UCL News. “Chinese eco-city.” UCL News. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0703/07032301
(8) UCL News. “Chinese eco-city.” UCL News. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0703/07032301